"Jonesport combines the traditional ways of a true working waterfront with the inspirational beauty that captures the imagination of artists, craftsmen, and visitors alike."
Did you know that in all of the United States there is only one town named Jonesport? Well, in just one visit you'll find that Jonesport is as unique as its name. To read the account of where the saying "Jonesport America" got it's beginning click here.
Planning Board will meet on
September 15, 2015
7:00 P.M. at Town Office
Cemetary Committee will meet on
October 28, 2015
6:00 P.M. at Town Office
Town of Jonesport
Date: August 12, 2015 Time: 4:07 p.m.
Place: Town Office, 70 Snare Creek Lane
Opened by: Selectman Alley, Milliken and Fish
Approval of Minutes:
August 5, 2015 Selectmen’s Meeting: Motion to accept by S Fish, Seconded by Alley, all in favor. Approved.
- Working Waterfront Access Committee: Selectman Fish reported that there was a meeting of the committee Monday night. They ask that a dialogue be started with the State concerning leasing or purchasing the Marina. The Selectmen will meet to draft an email to George Powel ASAP as George is retiring the end of the month. A motion was made by Fish, seconded by Alley.
- TIF: An email was presented to the Selectmen concerning setting up a TIF district and working with Jon Beale on an agreement. The Selectmen need to meet to discuss these topics.
- Fickett property on Main Street: No update at present.
- Open Snow plow bids: Larry Moffett brought up some different points that will be helpful to keep costs down in future years. The only bid was from Bimbo Look which was accepted by the Selectmen with changes to be made at a later date. A motion was made by Fish, seconded by Milliken to accept the bid of $140,000.
- County Road salt bid awarded: The bid was approved for the salt at a cost of $68.22 per ton, about $1. higher than last year.
- AFLAC: A presentation was made by Anthony Berry on the different plans available to employees.
- The rosebushes have been cut along Kelley Point Road. It was suggested that each year they be trimmed back.
- A tree fell across Main Street. It was hauled out of the road; it may need to be cut up by Bo.
- The Harbor Committee was represented by John Church, who asked that the Selectmen give permission to expend the $25,735. In the Harbor budget towards floats. The Selectmen authorized expenditure of $18,750. to start the project. The Committee would need to ask the Town if they can borrow the balance from surplus. A special Town Meeting will be held in the near future.
- Vicki Johnson had questions about the Hopkins Point Road, concerning what is required to bring the road up to standards so the Town will accept as a Town Road. She was directed to the Planning Board.
A motion was made by Selectman Alley, seconded by Selectman Fish to adjourn at 5:25p.m.