Town Office will be closed on January 16, 2017 for MLK Day.
Selectmen's Meeting Minutes
Time: January 4, 2017
Time: 4:01 p.m.
Place: Town Office, 70 Snare Creek Lane
Opened by: Selectman Alley, Fish, and Milliken
Attendees: Donnie Woodward, Nancy Beal, and Irene Rogers, Asst. to Selectmen
Approval of Minutes: December 28, 2016 Selectmen’s Meeting.
Motion to accept by S. Fish, Seconded by S. Alley_All in favor. Approved.
- Intersection 187/Main/West Main update: Several MDOT signs have been erected so that citizens will slow down and stop at the stop sign.
- MIS System: The Selectmen requested that Irene contact the company who is responsible for the system to request yearly payment for electricity and installation of the system at the fire station. There is adequate internet service at the fire station to handle the system but a new router is needed.
- Acceptance of roads: The CEO, Donnie Woodward, said the roads will meet the standards but some alders need to be cut at the cul-de-sac on E. Norton Circle.
- Moratorium for marijuana: The Selectmen discussed this issue and made a decision to wait until there is more information as to what avenue the State will be taking. It is believed that the State may issue a moratorium statewide.
NEW BUSINESS: There was no new business.
- Right of way –Jewett Road: No update at this time.
- Small Animal Clinic: A motion was made by Fish, seconded by Alley, to sign the agreement with the Small Animal Clinic in regard to strays. Erin Church Libby is not ready to accept animals at this time but will be in the near future.
- Foreclosures: The Selectmen want the ad for the properties to be advertised in the Machias Valley Observer for 3 weeks, as required. The bids will be opened on February 15th at 4:00 p.m. They will be subject to a minimum bid that will include expenses.
- Beach Access: Tim Look, with Look Construction, requested that he be allowed access to Sandy River Beach by the public right of way. Tim assured the Selectmen that the access will be left in better shape than before he used it. A motion was made by Fish, seconded by Alley to write a letter giving Tim their consent as long as there is improvement to the public way.
- Fire Road: No update.
- DEI-UMM: An event announcing new funding for DEI will be held on January 20th at 11 a.m. The Selectmen are invited to attend.
- Veteran’s Memorial: Project still to be developed.
- Economic Development Committee: There will be a meeting to elect officers in the near future. The approximate cost of the website will be between $1000- $1500.
A motion was made by Selectman Alley, seconded by Selectman Milliken to adjourn the meeting at 4:45 p.m.
December 20, 2016
Planning Board Agenda
**Application # 664 Owner: RC & Wyn Cyr /Applicant: Jeremy Phillips
Proposes: Small Modular Home with Basement and out building
Location: 76 Verna’s Lane
**Application #665 Owner/Applicant: Edward Hagan
Proposes: 8’ x 40’ x 13’ Storage trailer
Location: 63 Mason Bay Road
**Application # 666 Owner/Applicant: Byron & Darlene Carver
Proposes: New Home construction with attached garage
Location: The Carver’s property off the Quarry Road
Selectmen would like the Planning Board members to attend their Selectmen’s meeting on December 21, 2016 to discuss a moratorium on marijuana processing, etc.