Special Town Meeting October 25th at 6pm -Town Office - to vote on whether to loan MCSD#917 funds from surplus over a 3 year period at 1% interest for the purchase of a school bus.
Invitation to Bid
The Town of Jonesport is soliciting bids to Construct a 10x60 concrete plank boat launch at Sandy River Beach. Please contact the Office for specific specs. The work must be completed by May 15, 2018. All bids must be submitted to the Jonesport Town Office by noontime on October 25, 2017. Bids should be marked with “Sandy River Beach-Boat Ramp
” on the outside of the envelope. Bids will be opened at the Jonesport Board of Selectmen’s meeting, at 4 p.m. The Board reserves the right to reject any or all bids.
WINTER SAND BIDS
The Town of Jonesport is accepting bids for 2,300 yards of winter sand to be mixed with Town-supplied salt. Remixing of the old salt/sand with the new salt/sand is to be included in the bid price. Salt/sand is to be put up by November 15, 2017. Submit bids to the Jonesport Town Office by 3:45 p.m. on October 25, 2017. Please write on the outside of the envelope: “Winter Sand Bid 2017-18.” Bids will be opened at the Selectmen’s meeting on October 25, 2017, at 4:00 p.m. Contact the Town Office at 497-5926 with any questions. The Town of Jonesport’s Selectman will have the right to reject any/all bids.
Minutes from Selectmen's Meeting
Time: September 27, 2017
Time: 4:01 p.m.
Place: Town Office, 70 Snare Creek Lane
Opened by: Selectman Alley and Selectman Fish (Milliken absent)
Attendees: Pamela Beauregard, Tim Anderson, Bill Malcarne, Stephanie Demooranville, Nancy Beal
Approval of Minutes: September 20, 2017 - Selectmen’s Meeting
Motion to accept by: S.Fish Seconded by S. Alley All in favor. Approved.
B. Signatures: Tax Agreement Acct #91
- Jewett Road Update: no update at this time
- Working Waterfront: -FYI: possible Grant will keep checking funding for 2018
- -Drafted Letter to Sawyer Family requesting first refusal to marina
- Sand River Beach: Invitation to Bid the work for a boat launch
- Fire Station: - Yellow Truck – will be costly to fix the issue with the transmission Boyd will keep us posted. Had someone in today to look at it.
- Public Bathrooms – due to constantly dirty and unwanted activity they have been closed at this time
- MMA- Elected Officials Workshop: November 30, $55.00 – Harry and Dwight will not be attending double check with Billy
- State of Maine: 2018 Preliminary State Valuation – each selectman received a copy
- Executive Session: moved to end of Selectmen’s meeting – Selectman Fish made a motion to enter into an executive session to discuss 1M.R.S.A..§ 405(6)(F), 1 M. R. S. A. § 405 (6)(G) @4:33p.m. Selectman Alley accepted and returned @4:54p.m.
- Campground: Letter from the Sawyer family regarding possibility of Town purchasing the campground if Sawyer family decides to sell.
- The Nature Conservancy: Survey to conserve energy – Dwight stated doesn’t need his signature can fill it out. Most didn’t apply to our office.
- EMERA: FYI: Proposed Increase –Selectman will not be sending in a petition to intervene
- ROADS: paving will start on Thursday September 28, 2017, should take @5-6 days
- Send out Bid for Sand: get an ad in the paper
- Removal of Port-a-Potty: call and have these taken care off
A motion was made by_____, seconded by _____ to adjourn the meeting at _____ p.m. Minutes recorded by _____
- Nancy Beal- The long hill on Mason Bay coming into town; small children are picked up and you can’t see the bus until you crest the hill. Very dangerous situation. Selectman requested to check with school where to have a sign hung***