Town Office will be closed on Tuesday, September 19th from 1:45 PM to 4:00 PM for training.
Minutes from Selectmen's Meeting
Time: August 30, 2017
Time: 4:00 p.m.
Place: Town Office, 70 Snare Creek Lane
Opened by: Selectman Alley, Fish and Selectman Milliken.
Donnie Woodward, Nancy Beal and Irene Rogers, Asst. to the Board
Approval of Minutes: August 23, 2017 - Selectmen’s Meeting. Motion made by
S. Fish, Seconded by S. Milliken Approved.
B. Tax Payment Agreements:
NEW BUSINESS: NONE
- Bluenose Street septic: The complaint was investigated and there will be no further action at this time.
- Update on Jewett Road: Report will be given by Selectman Milliken next week. Keep on Agenda.
- MDOT: A letter was received from David Philbrook concerning property near the construction/roadway of the bridge. An email will be sent to him explaining that the well on or near the property is not owned by the Town.
- Harbor Access public hearing: This is an informational meeting, not a public hearing. It will be scheduled for September 7th at 6:00 p.m. The Jonesport Beals Elementary School will be contacted to be sure it can be held there in the gym. Crystal Hitchings will also be contacted to provide the Selectmen with the information on the three potential lots for harbor access.
- GA public hearing: The Selectmen approved the public hearing for Sept. 13th at 3:45 p.m.
- Update on road projects: Selectman Alley reported that it is going well but there have been a few complaints he has had to address.
- WCCOG Minutes and meeting schedule: Selectman Fish will be attending the annual meeting on November 15th.
- Rosebushes near Marina: A complaint was received about lack of water view near the Marina because of overgrown rosebushes. The rosebushes cannot be cut down because they are too close to the water’s edge.
- Selectman Fish will be attending the Sept 13th MMA meeting in Augusta and will miss the Selectmen’s meeting being held on the same day.
A motion was made by Fish, seconded by Alley to adjourn the meeting at 4:33 p.m.
- Food Ordinance: A copy of the Jonesport food ordinance will be emailed to Judy East, as she requested.
Sept. 19, 2017
Planning Board Agenda
- Application # 693 Owner: Holly Davis & Whitney White; Applicant: Holly Iossa
- Proposes: A non-conforming lot split in the Maritime activities district
- Location: 121 Main Street; Map 013, Lot 090
- Application # 694 Owner: Jonesport Opera House; Applicant: Raymond Lyons
- Proposes to construct a 16’ x 20’ garage
- Location: 55 Fire Road; Map 008,Lot 011
- Ross Griffin would like a change of use on the old “Pit Stop”. Location: 138 Main Street; Map 013, Lot 103.